The DBSA community exists to serve those living with or affected by depression, bipolar, anxiety, or other mood disorders, who are pursuing wellness. We work to reduce the stigma associated with mood disorders.
Our Core Beliefs
- Wellness includes mind, body, spirit and relationship to others.
- Peer support is a powerful tool to help a person pursue wellness.
- Depression and bipolar are treatable conditions, but can be life-threatening if not addressed.
- Each individual has the right to direct his or her own treatment.
- The majority of people living with depression or bipolar lead productive lives.
- Supporters of those living with depression / bipolar / anxiety often benefit from seeking support for themselves, as well.
DBSA does not recommend or endorse any one particular treatment but instead offers information and options to support personal decision making.
For information about the national DBSA organization click here